This delicious recipe for Sugar Free Homemade Zucchini Bread is sure to be a favorite. There are low carb and gluten free options to make this as well as sugar free .
- ¾ cup roughly chopped raw walnuts or pecans (optional)
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil*
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon + more to swirl on top
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini (you’ll need 1 small-to-medium zucchini, about 7 ounces—if your grated zucchini is very wet, squeeze out the excess moisture over the sink before stirring it into the batter)
- 1 ¾ cups regular whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a small, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup, and grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan to prevent the bread from sticking.
- Once the oven has finished preheating, pour the chopped nuts onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake until the nuts are fragrant and toasted, about 5 minutes, stirring halfway.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and honey. Beat them with a whisk until they are combined. Add the eggs and beat well. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 20 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the milk, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and nutmeg, and whisk to blend. Switch to a big spoon and stir in the zucchini, then add the flour and stir just until combined. Some lumps are ok! Gently fold in the toasted nuts now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with additional cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before slicing it with a sharp, serrated knife.
- This bread is moist, so it will keep for just 2 to 3 days at room temperature. Store it in the refrigerator for 5 to 7 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months or so. I like to slice the bread before freezing and defrost individual slices, either by lightly toasting them or defrosting them in the microwave.
This Sugar Free Homemade zucchini bread recipe is made healthier with whole grains, honey (or maple syrup) and coconut oil instead of butter. It is easily made vegan and/or gluten free
Did You Know? A Homemade Sugar Free zucchini bread is one the healthiest food one can have. It contains:
- Total Fat 0.9 g 1%
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g 2%
- Unsaturated Fat 0.1 g.
- Cholesterol 1.6 mg 1%
- Sodium 156.3 mg 7%
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g 7%
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g 11%
If you like our recipe then please do visit our Facebook page, YouTube channel for more such type of exciting healthy recipes. This Sugar Free Homemade zucchini Bread Recipe was submitted by Ram Roy from Delhi, India. If you want to send us your suggestions please write it on the comment section below. Send us your healthy recipe on our mail id and we will feature it on our blog.
Fancy Bakers is a Vadodara base bakery that provides you the most delicious desserts of all time. We are specialized in making Birthday cakes & Waffles. Our moto is to provide you Cakes that makes everlasting memories.